Coconut flour pancakes can be a challenge! These pancakes are light and fluffy, and taste like the “real” thing!
The date-cashew cream is sweet enough to discourage the desire to add more syrup to the pancakes.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted (or coconut oil, for dairy-free)
- dash salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda or baking powder
- olive oil, for frying
1. Mix wet ingredients.
2. Add in dry ingredients. Mix until there are no more lumps.
3. Let sit for at least 5 minutes (for the coconut flour to absorb the liquid).
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Brush a very thin layer of olive oil on the skillet. (Too much oil, and they won’t cook properly! I used a paper towel to apply the oil). Pour batter in skillet and cook, brushing with oil each time.
1/4 cup raw cashews
10 medium dates, pitted
Dash of maple syrup and dash of coconut milk (optional)
1. Soak cashews in water for several hours. Soak dates in hot water for about half an hour.
2. Puree all ingredients until it has a creamy texture, adding water if necessary.