Coconut flour cakes can be dry and disinteresting. This cake is moist, fluffy, and full of healthy things!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup natural or artificial sweetener (I used a mix of sorbitol and coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water (or as much as necessary to make a batter. Omit if using a liquid sweetener such as honey or maple syrup)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice (to activate baking soda)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 medium carrots
- raisins and chopped walnuts (to taste – if unsure, use 2 tablespoons of each)
1. In food processor, chop carrots finely. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the walnuts and raisins) one by one to the food processor, and blend after each addition. Stir in the raisins and walnuts.
2. Bake in 350-degree oven for 40 minutes, or until done.
This made one 9″ x 6″ pan. If you want more cake, double the recipe! However, keep in mind that coconut flour cakes have a satiety factor that wheat flour cakes don’t have.