1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup finely ground almonds
3 medium bananas
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup coconut sugar, honey, or other sweetener (mixing sweeteners is recommended)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground vanilla bean
splash almond extract (optional)
pinch of salt
100 grams dark chocolate (optional but good!)
1. In food processor or hand blender, mix almonds, flour, and butter. (If you need to grind the almonds, do so before adding the flour and butter.)
2. Add sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla bean, almond extract, baking soda, and salt, mixing after each addition.
3. Add bananas to food processor and mix until pureed. (Puree separately if necessary.)
4. In separate bowl, whisk eggs for a couple minutes until they begin to have body. Add mixture from food processor.
5. If using chocolate, run it through the food processor until it is in fine pieces, then stir into batter.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 40 minutes or until it smells and feels done.
(All this can be done by hand too, but a food processor is easier!)
How do you know if it’s done?
Smell test: When the scent of baked goods begins to waft from the oven, it’s almost done!
Feel test: It feels solid.
Fork test: Pierce it with a fork, and if the fork comes out clean, it’s done.
Recipe adapted from Slim Palate – here is their classy and well-presented picture of the banana bread!